Throwback Thursday--Blog Style
As I am looking over how I've neglected my website over the past year, I stumbled across this short post I felt needed to be shared again. I think it is time for me to write more Worthy Of Love posts so I will try really hard to make some time in between my book writing to get that started again! -Xo
It's time to change the way we look at things! Let's find love in everything that happens even the things that go wrong. It's so easy to get caught up in the things that don't go the way we want or to see the things we don't do or get as a failure in life. I have made a list of some thoughts I try to apply to my own life when things seem to be going against what I want.
- Keep an open mind. Just because things didn't go the way you want doesn't mean there isn't a better way for it to happen.
- Concentrate on the positive. Think of all the things you have accomplished, do have in your life, and what has turned out right.
- Give thanks for the things that go wrong. Something more fitting for your life is coming your way. Don't give up hope!
- Give yourself credit. Look at what you have survived. And, you're still trying...that is all that really matters.
- It's perfectly alright to feel discouraged. This means you are human and are acknowledging that you want change. The moment we are happy with status quo is the moment we stop growing as an individual.
- Move. Get out of your own way. Ask yourself if there is something you are doing that could be sabotaging yourself. Believe in yourself because you are worthy.
- Only verbalize the positive. Words are very powerful. Speak and surround yourself with only the best. You deserve to hear no more negativity!
We are all WORTHY of our dreams coming true BUT sometimes "God can dream a bigger dream for us than we could ever dream for ourselves." -Oprah